Good evening ladies!
On this beautiful Monday I want to talk about being busy! As a society we seem to measure success & importance based on how busy we are. What if we rejected this idea that rushing around equals success? What if instead we measured success by our level of happiness and our pursuit of less so we can accomplish a few incredibly significant things. It seems that so often being a “boss babe” means seeing how much you can add to your plate. But, what if instead we said no to adding to our plate sometimes, and leave ourselves room to say yes to only the right things & give those things our full attention.
Let’s stop celebrating busyness and weighing our importance based on it. Instead lets celebrate those who make time to love themselves deeply. Let’s celebrate time to sit, ponder, and pray. Let’s celebrate time with our loved ones & making memories! At the end of your life do you want to look back at the whirlwind of busyness. Or, do you want to look back at the intentional time you spent on yourself and others. There’s so much more to life than rushing through it. I’m taking tonight to slow down, take a deep breath and love on myself. I hope you will join me. Here is my go-to list of self love ideas for when I need to stop the busy and breath.
45 Ways to Slow Down & Love Yourself
- Go to the gym
- Call a friend you haven’t seen in awhile to catch up
- Disconnect – turn off your phone & social media for the night
- Binge a new Netflix series
- Make your favorite dinner
- Bake cookies
- Listen to upbeat music (love the hipster bbq station on Pandora)
- Have a dance party
- Go for a drive
- Get a massage
- Read a new book (Recommend :: Girl Wash Your Face)
- Take a bath with bath bombs, bubbles, and epsom salt
- Light a lavender scented candle
- Lay outside – look at the stars
- Play with you pet or go to the humane society
- Get a facial or face mask
- Coloring book journal
- Plan a random act of kindness
- Take a nap
- Treat yourself to your favorite coffee or tea
- Make time for church
- Go for a hike
- Cook something new
- Work in a devotional book
- Pray or Meditate
- Get a mani pedi
- Go to a movie
- Or watch a chick flick at home & cry as hard as you want
- Play video games with your man (trivia y’all)
- Have a glass of wine
- Or a Moscow mule
- Have a drink, girl!
- Go on a bike ride
- Go to the farmers market
- Have a BBQ
- Go swimming at night
- Find a simple yoga class for relaxation
- Try a new workout class
- Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers
- Go to a bookstore – let yourself wander for as long as you want
- Cook yourself a beautiful breakfast
- Sing loudly
- Listen to your favorite podcast
- Say NO to anything that does not make you light up inside!
I hope you enjoy your evening & do at least one of these things to relax and slow down the busy of this Monday. You deserve to pursue less girl! Let me know if you pick something off this list or if there is something I missed that you love to do for yourself! I love the new ideas for the next time I need some self loving!